Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pride.

Pride; A feeling of dignity, self-respect; satisfaction in your achievements, possessions, or people you care about. 

I have been reflecting on a few different sides of pride today, Pride has such a natural dislike to it but after today I have remembered pride doesn't always have to be so bitter. There is nothing wrong in having pride in someone you love, or being proud of something you have accomplished. Its what you do with pride that makes people like or dislike the pride you have.

My baby sister left for Joplin, 
Missouri last night to do relief work and for the next week and I couldn't be more proud of her then ever before! I love seeing the amazing young lady she is turning into and I know she has SO much in store for her down the road.
This type of pride is the greatest (next to being proud of your own children I'm sure).

I have recently once again (with the help of our Lord and the people closest's to me.) defeated a past mistake, I didn't give in and run back forgetting all the hurtful things that were said and done. Instead I did every possible thing to keep it from coming back. 

Pride can get dangerous, when you start to think you can do anything on your own it's then you look around and you find yourself in a hole with no way out and in most cases no one there to help you out, after all you can do anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment